I have mocked up a Facebook profile, how it would look on a computer screen. I have come up with a few different layouts for the cover photos to find ones the could help expand the identity of the brand over social media. The profile picture is the logo without text, this will make it easier for the users to find the company when searching for it. With this bold and just black and white logo it will also be memorable for users across the Facebook platform. This will remain the same across other social media platforms to keep the brand consistent and noticeable. I have added standard pages; “About Us’, “Photos” and “Contact Us”. I have also added “Merchandise”, as it is my extra application within this project, this helps to keep my work convincing and consistent.
I decided to use the logo with the text on the cover photos as this will make clear who the page is, this also applies for if the image is shared by users. The cover photos stay relatively the same, changing design on the logo, but keeping the logo clear and the format the same – logo circle in the middle and text stays in the same place.
These two designs I chose not to use as they were too busy and made the page jarring to look at. They also drew attention from the logo itself and other aspects of the page.
Following the feedback from Filthy Media, I created an almost all white set of stationary and one that uses the same logo, just reversed. I feel that the all white version is consistent, but not quite as striking as the black. I will use the black version as the logo/stationary finals.
Joe specifies issues with the designs that I have been skeptical about myself, this has helped me pinpoint some of them and will keep the branding more consistent.
I am pleased with this feedback, however I feel the suggestion to reduce the kerning would take away from the aesthetic and balance of the logo, so I am making the conscious decision to keep this aspect the same. Below I am showing the differences between the kerning the type and the vertical lines in the logo slightly closer together. There is also a new business card design that I will mock up with the new letterhead.
After receiving crit from the classroom, I changed around some parts of the stationary.
The comments received were:
- The top of the letterhead is slightly too large and bold.
- The letterhead may use up too much ink.
I removed the black background, changed the logo colours and lined the logo text up with the body text to make the page work as a whole, I feel this works better as it is cleaner and looks more professional.
I created a mock up of the new stationary with added essentials.
I began designing the business cards using just the logo without the circular exterior. I used a gold embossed mock up and although it looked premium and professional, I felt it didn’t match how the client wanted the brand to come across.
I went on to experiment with the circular logo and the black and white theme. Leading to 3 possible fronts, varying with/without text and contrast. I tested a few ideas for the back, but settled with this final one I thought started to envisage the concept of the brand.
I proceeded to make letterhead designs that would work parallel to the business cards to start to build on the overall branding.
I tested different logo designs on the top and settled for one that combined to two. This worked well in consideration of the business card designs.
Mock up of both designs.