To design a logo for my app I jotted down in my sketch book a few widely used plants from herbalist recipes, from then I drew some out and continued to draw simplified drawings, I chose the lavender drawing and created a digital version. I tested out a range of fonts, and the ways the plant design could fit in, but as the main text in the app is caps sans-serif I decided to go for a playful font, this being Willona.
I chose this design with the plant merging as the exclamation mark/i. However the plants leans over quite far and pulls the rest of the logo out of proportion. This might also be an issue when trying to fit it in on the app. After recognising this I shortened the plant to create the final logo.